Friday 21 August 2015

Cool Maya GT shot - but who is that man?

Another great shot of the Maya GT 'HPN 13D' was found recently in a 1967 Dutch motoring magazine. I am not sure but suspect the man standing proudly next to it is the boss himself: George Holmes - anyone who can confirm this? The car was used for one of the brochures and was raced by a Mike Greenwood, but I still haven't been able to find out anything more on that. See here for more information about the car and click on the registration numbers below for all the other Camber GTs and Maya GTs that I have researched

NPM14F (Camber GT)
RLL8L (Camber GT)
FNU400H (Camber GT)
HPN14D (Camber GT)
DEN70D (Camber GT)
KOO589 (Maya GT)
HPN13D (Maya GT)
RKM473G (Maya GT)
PAP14F (Maya GT)
???208H (Maya GT)

The Maya GT demonstrator with - I think - George Holmes who designed it
Picture Jeroen Booij archive

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeroen, I shall show this photo to Derek Hanwell when I next see him, he hopefully will shed light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maya GT here - looks like reg HPN 14D?

    https://forums.autosport.com/topic/214587-oddicombe-hill-climb/#entry9012854

    RGDS RLT

    ReplyDelete